Dining Table To Seat 12
- a table at which meals are served; "he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
- A table is a type of furniture comprising an open, flat surface supported by a base or legs. It may be used to hold articles such as food or papers at a convenient or comfortable height when sitting, and is therefore often used in conjunction with chairs.
- (Dining Tables) The first dining tables of which survivors remain are the type known as refectory tables. They are made usually of oak, and one of the earliest, at Penshurst Place in Kent, has a typical thick top of joined planks supported on three separate trestles.
- A table on which meals are served in a dining room
- The roughly horizontal part of a chair, on which one's weight rests directly
- A sitting place for a passenger in a vehicle or for a member of an audience
- A thing made or used for sitting on, such as a chair or stool
- a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane); "he booked their seats in advance"; "he sat in someone else's place"
- be able to seat; "The theater seats 2,000"
- twelve: the cardinal number that is the sum of eleven and one
- twelve: denoting a quantity consisting of 12 items or units
- A video game content rating system is a system used for the classification of video games into suitability-related groups. Most of these systems are associated with and/or sponsored by a government, and are sometimes part of the local motion picture rating system.
Occidental Hotel, Main Dining Room; Wichita, KS
Photo of the main dining room in the Occidental Hotel at 304 North Main Street in Wichita, KS. W.H. Sternberg did substantial renovations to this building about 12 years after it was constructed, including enlarging this very room. The hotel was built in 1878 and this photo was taken approximately 1885. The walls and ceilings are papered. There appears to be at least two if not three different lighting methods in here. The woman seated at the table is identified as Julia Wenderlin, the manager. The other three women are likely cooks/servers. From washing the dishes by hand, ironing the linens with irons heated up on the tops of wood stoves, polishing the silverware, cooking, sweeping, dusting, storing the food and everything else, these women no doubt worked hard, but their reputation for running a 1st-class establishment still lingers today. The food was widely known to be the best in Wichita.
Any thoughts, comments, ideas or additional information is welcome and appreciated!
This photo courtesy of the Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum, (www.WichitaHistory.org).
Filming Friendly: Dining Room Set Up
Notice the cameras hanging over head, the giant mics that hang over diners tables, the bright tv-friendly lighting... We were some of the guests that dined the evening of Episode 2: when 24 ex-convicts were tested before they were cut down to the final group of 12. We got to sit in our favourite back banquette seating and watch all the action unfold.
oak table sale
lift top coffee tables
dark walnut dining table
extending console table
pedestal dining table extension
rustic dining room tables
bistro table 2 chairs
| TOP |